Subject: Re: [RFC] Any value in having a netdev FAQ?

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:53:53 -0700

On 07/17/2013 06:55 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 22:59 -0400, Paul Gortmaker wrote:
>
>>     IMPORTANT:  Do not send new net-next content to netdev during the
>>     period during which net-next tree is closed.
>>
>>     Shortly after the two weeks have passed, (and vX.Y-rc1 is released) the
>>     tree for net-next reopens to collect content for the next (vX.Y+1) release.
>

yesterday I tried to send an email to Jeremy Kerr asking if there was 
some way to tweak patchwork to allow DaveM a way to signal net-next 
being closed - perhaps some message at 
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netdev/list/  Baring that, I 
wondered if it would be possible to submit a dummy "[PATCH net-next] 
net-next closed until futher notice" patch,  and fake-out the date to be 
some point in the future, so it would appear at the top of the list of 
patches.

rick jones