Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/2] fix bonding neighbour setup handling

From: Nikolay Aleksandrov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 15:49:08 +0200

On 08/03/2013 12:45 AM, David Miller wrote:
> 
> Thanks for the detailed explanation of the situation, it made your patches
> trivial to review.
> 
> Applied, thanks.
Hi all,
Vaeceslav thanks for fixing this.
Since the cat is out of the bag about this bug, as Vaeceslav discovered it
independently and wasn't aware that there's a CVE number pending because it
poses a security threat since the dereferenced first_slave pointer is
taken from the struct vlan_dev_priv's ingress_priority map array which is
user-controllable and any memory address can be dereferenced in that way,
and taking after that first_slave->dev->netdev_ops and calling a function
from the ops is making it even easier. Of course for that to happen the
user must have CAP_NET_ADMIN.
I've tested these patches and they apply cleanly on -net as well, so please
queue them for -net and stable.

Also apologies for the late reply but it wasn't up to me when to reveal this.

Thank you,
 Nik