Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/1] r8169: enforce RX_MULTI_EN for the 8168f.

From: Frédéric Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:08:24 +0200

Le 10/09/2013 00:50, Francois Romieu a écrit :
> hayeswang <[email-masked]> :
> [...]
> > I don't have any issue reported about the fetching numbers, so I have no
> > idea about why it could fix you problem.
>
> Thanks Hayes.
>
> Frédéric, David (R not M), do your systems include some Marvell SATA controller ?
>

I have an amd one :

    [fredo:~] $ lspci  | grep SATA
    00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)

But I know I have sata ncq errors and stability problems with kernels >=
3.11
from git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6

I don't try to debug it for the moment because it is on my main computer
and have valuable data on my ssd.

For completeness, here is the full list of pci devices on my pc :

    [fredo:~] $ lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI
to PCI bridge (external gfx0 port B) (rev 02)
    00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD990 I/O Memory
Management Unit (IOMMU)
    00:02.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI
to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port B)
    00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI
to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port D)
    00:05.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI
to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port E)
    00:07.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI
to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port G)
    00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)
    00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
    00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
    00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
    00:13.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
    00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 SMBus
Controller (rev 42)
    00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00
Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)
    00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller (rev 40)
    00:14.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 PCI
to PCI Bridge (rev 40)
    00:14.5 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller
    00:16.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
    00:16.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
    00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h
Processor Function 0
    00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h
Processor Function 1
    00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h
Processor Function 2
    00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h
Processor Function 3
    00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h
Processor Function 4
    00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h
Processor Function 5
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee
ATI Caicos [Radeon HD 6450]
    01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Caicos
HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6400 Series]
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 09)
    03:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed
USB Host Controller
    04:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed
USB Host Controller
    05:05.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c940
10/100/1000Base-T [Marvell] (rev 10)
    [fredo:~] $