Subject: Re: [PATCH net 3/3] slcan: rewrite of slc_bump and slc_encaps

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:47:57 +0200

On 09/13/2013 07:37 PM, Andre Naujoks wrote:
> The old implementation was heavy on str* functions and sprintf calls.
> This version is more manual, but faster.
> 
> Profiling just the printing of a 3 char CAN-id resulted in 60 instructions
> for the manual method and over 2000 for the sprintf method. Bear in
> mind the profiling was done against libc and not the kernel sprintf.
> 
> Together with this rewrite an issue with sending and receiving of RTR frames
> has been fixed by Oliver for the cases that the DLC is not zero.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Andre Naujoks <[email-masked]>
> Tested-by: Oliver Hartkopp <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>

regards,
Marc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |