Subject: iproute2 and libnl3?

From: Arvid Brodin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:17:33 +0200

Hi Stephen (and others),

I'm trying to move the functionality from a small user space tool I wrote for 
listening to HSR Netlink messages into iproute2. The tool uses generic netlink 
through libnl3. 

It seems iproute2 uses libnl-1 though:

iphsr.c:325:6: warning: 'struct nl_sock' declared inside parameter list
iphsr.c:334:30: error: 'NL_AUTO_PORT' undeclared (first use in this function)
iphsr.c:341:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'nl_send_auto'
iphsr.c:417:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'genl_ctrl_resolve_grp'
iphsr.c:424:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'nl_socket_add_memberships'
iphsr.c:455:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'nl_socket_alloc'
iphsr.c:463:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'nl_socket_disable_seq_check'

Are there alternatives to the above functionality in libnl-1, or do I need to 
implement it myself (copy them from the libnl3 code perhaps)?

-- 
Arvid Brodin | Consultant (Linux)
XDIN AB | Knarrarnäsgatan 7 | SE-164 40 Kista | Sweden | xdin.com