Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] bonding: add option to specify the number of queues per bond device

From: Nikolay Aleksandrov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 16:45:11 +0100

On 11/05/2013 04:41 PM, Nikolay Aleksandrov wrote:
> Before this patch the only way to specify the number of queues of a bond
> device was to use the tx_queues module parameter on module load. Since
> we can have different setups with different requirements, it's
> beneficial to be able to specify the number of queues per bond device
> creation. This patch adds this ability and uses tx_queues as a default
> and as a fallback in case of an invalid "queues" value.
> The queues are specified when creating a new bond device through sysfs
> by using the ":" as a delimiter between the name and the value, e.g.:
> echo +bond1:8 > bonding_masters
> will create bond1 device with 8 queues. The value 0 is reserved for
> using the default number of queues (global tx_queues set on module
> loading).
> Add an example in the documentation, and also trim a few extra spaces
> and tabs while at it.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Nikolay Aleksandrov <[email-masked]>
> ---
ugh, self-nack I chose the wrong delimiter, it's allowed to be in an interface
name :-)

Will re-post by using "." as a delimiter.
Sorry for the noise.

Nik