Subject: Do you know if the Linux cxgb driver still works in Kernel 3.X (3.11 specifically?)

From: Matthew Swabey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 13:02:27 -0500

Googled, searched netdev and lkml with no joy.
Trying to debug a Chelsio T210 PCI-X 10G to a D-Link DXS-3250E switch
without any alternative hardware to test against.

1) Do you know if the Linux cxgb driver still works in Kernel 3.X (3.11
specifically?)
2) Has anyone tried it with a T210?

I am try to get an older T210 card working however it hard locks the
computer under light loads.

Symptoms are under low traffic conditions it works fine but under
loads generated by a 1G copper interface through a switch (ping -f or
netcat) the computer freezes and hardlocks.

Computer HP xw9400 and Ubuntu 13.10, kernel 3.11

Before that I have observed instances of the packet counts from ifconfig
resetting to 0 for no reason as well as some other oddities. Any
pointers as to where I should begin looking for debugging or how I might
test to see if the card itself is broken would be helpful if you can
spare the time,

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Matthew

-- 
Dr Matthew Swabey
Deputy Director of Instructional Labs
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Purdue University
Electrical Engineering Building
465 Northwestern Ave.
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2035
USA

T: +1-765-49-42545 E: [email-masked]