Subject: Re: [PATCH] micrel: add support for KSZ8041RNLI

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:21:38 +0400

Hello.

On 10-12-2013 17:19, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

>> Renesas R-Car development boards use KSZ8041RNLI PHY which for some reason has
>> ID of 0x00221537 that is not documented for KSZ8041-family PHYs and does not
>> match the  documented ID of  0x0022151x (where 'x' is the revision).  We have
>> to add the new #define PHY_ID_* and new ksphy_driver[] entry, almost the same
>> as KSZ8041 one, differing only in the 'phy_id' and 'name' fields.

>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

> Tested-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>

    Thanks. Though it's not the last version probably...

> I don't seem to get "net eth0: Receive FIFO Overflow" anymore after applying
> this patch.

    Cool.
    So you also enabled the Micrel PHY driver in .config? Asking because it's 
not in 'koelsch_defconfig' or any other R-Car defconfig yet...

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>                          Geert

WBR, Sergei