Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 net-next 0/5] pktgen IPsec support

From: Fan Du <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:56:24 +0800

FWIW, I will follow Dave's suggestion not to touch your original
support at the first place no matter how below answer looks like.

On 2013年12月11日 21:42, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> On 12/09/13 20:23, David Miller wrote:
>
>> Maybe they didn't care about the checksum being correct in the
>> testbed they were using.
>
> Thats correct. The point is to exercise the crypto code.
> Please dont change this.

However exercising crypto engine on host running pktgen does *NOT* necessary
requiring bad IP checksum value and wrong total len value, because encryption
has been done.

I'm confused here with your test rationale, and what's wrong to use
the right checksum/total length value? Please clear my puzzles.

Thanks
-- 
浮沉随浪只记今朝笑

--fan