Subject: Re: [PATCH] can: ti_hecc: Use the OMAP2PLUS dependency for omap2plus devices

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 20:56:01 +0100

On 12/20/2013 01:52 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 01:35:58PM +0100, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
>> On 12/20/2013 01:21 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
>>> OMAP's ti_hecc driver is used to support the CAN controller on many
>>> omap2plus SoCs (OMAP2430, OMAP3, OMAP4, OMAP5 and AM335x).
>>> Constrain the driver to OMAP2PLUS, which is the super-set of all the
>>> other SoCs variants.
>>
>> Why not enable it for all ARM platforms to get a bigger compile coverage?
>>
> 
> Hm.. Isn't the COMPILE_TEST option for getting compile coverage?
> 
> If the IP is only available on OMAP SoCs, it makes sense to only allow
> building it there, but I don't really have a strong opinion.

We've replaced the depends on ARCH_* in the flexcan and at91 driver by a
depends on ARM.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |