Subject: [PATCH v3 00/19] slight optimization of addr compare for some modules

From: Ding Tianhong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:27:44 +0800

Joe Perches add ether_addr_equal_unaligned to test if
possibly unaligned to u16 Ethernet addresses are equal.

If CONFIG_HAVE_EFFICIENT_UNALIGNED_ACCESS is set, this uses
the slightly faster generic routine ether_addr_equal,
otherwise this uses memcmp.

So I use the recently added and possibly more efficient
ether_addr_equal_unaligned to instead of memcmp for slight
optimization.

v2: Because a lot of places are already using 16b aligned MAC
    address for both operands, so use the ether_addr_equal to
    instead of ether_addr_equal_unaligned.Thanks for Joe, Alex
    and Antonio's opinions.
    Also remove the patch for bridge.

v3: According Joe's suggestion, the patch
    (net: slight optimization of addr compare for some modules)
    should be broken into several patches, and it will be good
    to review for maintainers. So I will send rest of the patches
    for first step, and next step, I will seperate the netdev patch
    and send them by another patchset for net-next.
    also fix some changelog.
    
Best Regards
Ding 
     
Ding Tianhong (5):
  net: freescale: remove unused compare_addr()
  net: pcnet: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: atl1: slight optimization of addr compare
  hamradio: slight optimization of addr compare
  ppp: slight optimization of addr compare

Tan Xiaojun (3):
  batman-adv: use batadv_compare_eth for concise
  zd1211rw: slight optimization of addr compare
  ozwpan: slight optimization of addr compare

Wang Weidong (2):
  infiniband: slight optimization of addr compare
  mac8011: slight optimization of addr compare

Weilong Chen (6):
  hostap: slight optimization of addr compare
  cw1200: slight optimization of addr compare
  ipw2x00: slight optimization of addr compare
  mwifiex: slight optimization of addr compare
  rtlwifi: slight optimization of addr compare
  wireless: slight optimization of addr compare

Yang Yingliang (3):
  atm: slight optimization of addr compare
  isdn: slight optimization of addr compare
  media: dvb_core: slight optimization of addr compare

 drivers/atm/nicstar.c                         |  4 ++--
 drivers/infiniband/hw/nes/nes_cm.c            |  3 +--
 drivers/isdn/i4l/isdn_net.c                   |  4 ++--
 drivers/media/dvb-core/dvb_net.c              |  8 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/pcnet32.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/atheros/atlx/atl1.c      |  3 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/ucc_geth.c     |  5 ----
 drivers/net/hamradio/bpqether.c               |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ppp/pppoe.c                       |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/adm8211.c                |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/brcm80211/brcmfmac/p2p.c |  7 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/cw1200/sta.c             |  5 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/cw1200/txrx.c            |  3 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211_rx.c |  8 +++----
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211_tx.c |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ap.c       | 28 +++++++++++-----------
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_hw.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ioctl.c    |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_main.c     |  8 +++----
 drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c        | 34 +++++++++++++--------------
 drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_rx.c      | 10 ++++----
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/11n.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/sta_cmdresp.c    |  3 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/sta_rx.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/prism54/isl_ioctl.c      |  3 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/cam.c            |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/ti/wl1251/main.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/wl3501_cs.c              |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_mac.c        |  5 ++--
 drivers/staging/ozwpan/ozcdev.c               |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/ozwpan/ozproto.c              |  5 ++--
 net/batman-adv/originator.c                   |  2 +-
 net/batman-adv/translation-table.c            |  2 +-
 net/mac80211/iface.c                          |  7 +++---
 34 files changed, 92 insertions(+), 101 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.0