Subject: [PATCH net-next v3 00/19] slight optimization of addr compare for net modules

From: Ding Tianhong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 15:40:25 +0800

This is the second patchset for slight optimization of address compare,
mainly for net tree, just following the Joe's opinion, it will help review
the code for maintainers and supports.

v2: Change some style for patch 2.
    According Eric's suggestion, use the ether_addr_equal_64bits to instead
    of ether_addr_equal for patch 19.
    In fact, there are a lot of places which could use ether_addr_equal_64bits
    to instead of ether_addr_equal, but not this time, thanks for Joe's
    opinion.

v3: Change some style for patch 11/19:
    (net: packetengines: slight optimization of addr compare).
    Joe pointed out that is_broadcast_ether_addr(addr) would be appropriate here,
    but this should be left alone and not in this patch, so fix it later.

    In the patch (net: caif: slight optimization of addr compare), the operand for
    memcmp is not mac address, so it is unsuitable to use the ether_addr_equal
    to compare a non mac address, so remove the patch from the series.

Best Regards
Ding

Ding Tianhong (19):
  net: 3com: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: bnx2x: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: cxgb3: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: enic: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: benet: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: igbvf: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: ixgbe: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: mlx4: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: ksz884x: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: vxge: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: packetengines: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: netxen: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: qlcnic: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: renesas: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: seeq: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: sun: optimization of addr compare
  net: ti: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: fddi: slight optimization of addr compare
  net: plip: slight optimization of addr compare

 drivers/net/ethernet/3com/3c509.c                     |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_sp.c        | 10 ++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_sriov.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_vfpf.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb3/cxgb3_offload.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb3/l2t.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/cisco/enic/enic_pp.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_main.c           |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igbvf/netdev.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_sriov.c        |  3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/en_netdev.c        |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/resource_tracker.c |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/micrel/ksz884x.c                 |  9 ++++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/packetengines/yellowfin.c        |  8 ++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/netxen/netxen_nic_hw.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_hw.c        |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_io.c        |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_main.c      |  4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.c                 |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/seeq/sgiseeq.c                   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sun/sunvnet.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_ale.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/fddi/skfp/fplustm.c                       |  3 ++-
 drivers/net/plip/plip.c                               |  2 +-
 25 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.0