Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/6] phy: kill excess code

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 03:50:30 +0300

Hello.

On 01/04/2014 06:51 PM, Richard Cochran wrote:

>>>>     Both kinds of empty lines are consistently avoided by all other
>>>> code I had to read. They don't really improve anything.

>>> But both your subject line and body talk about lines of code. Just
>>> removing blank lines is not the same as removing "excess code."

>>     To me, all source file lines are code. So what you are
>> suggesting, splitting the patch?

> Yes, exactly that.

    OK, done.

> If the title reads, "fix whitespace errors" or "remove blank lines",
> then I don't need to waste my time looking at it.

    Maybe I'd go too far and remove too much? :-)

> But if it reads, "remove excess code", then I want to make sure that
> you don't go and delete something important.

    I don't delete the meaningful code at all, just kind of compact it. Maybe 
I should have renamed that patch...

> Thanks,
> Richard

WBR, Sergei