Subject: Re: question about ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 07:42:30 -0800

A VF isn't a real device so it shouldn't really have the concept of a
power state.  The power state for the device is controlled via the PF.
I suspect the fact that ixgbevf is modifying power state on resume is
likely a bug.

Thanks,

Alex

On 01/07/2014 06:46 AM, Julia Lawall wrote:
> I was wondering why ixgbevf_suspend doesn't call pci_set_power_state?  It
> is called in the corresponding resume function, and most other PCI drivers
> with a suspend functyion also call it in suspend.
> 
> thanks,
> julia
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>