Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] [GIT net-next] Open vSwitch

From: Zoltan Kiss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:04:14 +0000

On 08/01/14 15:10, Jesse Gross wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Zoltan Kiss <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried the latest net-next on a Xenserver install with 1.9.3 userspace,
>> and it seems this patch series broke it (at least after reverting that
>> locally it works now). I haven't went too far yet checking what's the
>> problem, but it seems the xenbrX device doesn't really receive too much of
>> the traffic coming through the NIC. Is it expected?
>
> What do you mean by doesn't receive too much traffic? What does it get?
>

Sorry for the vague error description, now I had more time to look into 
this. I think the problem boils down to this:

Jan 13 17:55:07 localhost ovs-vswitchd: 
07890|netlink_socket|DBG|nl_sock_recv__ (Success): nl(len:274, 
type=29(ovs_packet), flags=0, seq=0, pid=0,genl(cmd=1,version=1)
Jan 13 17:55:07 localhost ovs-vswitchd: 07891|netlink|DBG|attributes 
followed by garbage
Jan 13 17:55:07 localhost ovs-vswitchd: 07892|dpif|WARN|system@xenbr0: 
recv failed (Invalid argument)

That's just keep repeating. I'm keep looking.

Zoli