Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 2/3] net: add trim helper and convert users

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:06:28 +0100

On 01/17/2014 10:52 AM, David Laight wrote:
> From: Hannes Frederic Sowa
> ...
>> +/**
>> + * trim - perform a reciprocal multiplication in order to "clamp" a
>> + *        value into range [0, ep_ro), where the upper interval
>> + *        endpoint is right-open. This is useful, e.g. for accessing
>> + *        a index of an array containing ep_ro elements, for example.
>> + *        Think of it as sort of modulus, only that the result isn't
>> + *        that of modulo. ;)
>> + *        More: http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/bcd/divide.html
>
> It isn't appropriate to put urls into code comments (or commit messages).
> They are very likely to get out of date.

Then please grep the git log for some references/urls, you'll find plenty.
This link is just a pointer for people interested to read some more
background; there's no need to overly elaborate in the kernel doc right
here.

Thanks !

> 	David