Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 1/3] random32: add prandom_u32_max and convert open coded users

From: Tilman Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 14:41:36 +0100

Am 19.01.2014 00:40, schrieb Daniel Borkmann:

> @@ -38,6 +37,23 @@ struct rnd_state { u32 prandom_u32_state(struct
> rnd_state *state); void prandom_bytes_state(struct rnd_state
> *state, void *buf, int nbytes);
> 
> +/** + * prandom_u32_max - returns a pseduo-random number in
> interval [0, ep_ro) + * @ep_ro: right open interval endpoint + * +
> * Returns a pseduo-random number that is in interval [0, ep_ro).
> Note + * that the result depends on PRNG being well distributed in
> [0, ~0U] + * u32 space. Here we use maximally equidistributed
> combined Tausworthe + * generator, that is, prandom_u32(). This is
> useful when requesting a + * random index of an array containing
> ep_ro elements, for example. + * + * Returns: pseduo-random number
> in interval [0, ep_ro) + */

The word "pseudo" is consistently mistyped as "pseduo" in this comment.
(Three occurrences.) You may want to correct this before it gets merged.

Thanks,
Tilman

- -- 
Tilman Schmidt                              E-Mail: [email-masked]
Bonn, Germany
Diese Nachricht besteht zu 100% aus wiederverwerteten Bits.
Ungeöffnet mindestens haltbar bis: (siehe Rückseite)