Subject: Re: [PATCH] DT: net: document Ethernet bindings in one place

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 00:19:33 +0300

Hello.

On 01/21/2014 11:05 PM, Florian Fainelli wrote:

>>>>     I'm afraid that's too late, it has spread very far, so that
>>>> of_get_phy_mode() handles that property, not "phy-connection-type".

>>> Uggg, I guess this is a case of a defacto standard then if the kernel
>>> doesn't even support it.

>> Maybe I forgot to CC you on patch sent to Grant only, I sent a patch a
>> while ago for of_get_phy_mode() to look for both "phy-mode" and
>> "phy-connection-type" since the former has been a Linux invention, but
>> the latter is ePAPR specified.

> Here is a link to the actual patch in question, not sure which tree
> Grant applied it to though:

> http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1311.2/00048.html

    It's not the patch mail, it's Grant's "applied" reply, patch is mangled in 
this reply, and I couldn't follow the thread. Here's the actual patch mail:

http://marc.info/?l=devicetree&m=138449662807254

WBR, Sergei