Subject: Re: [PATCH] DT: net: document Ethernet bindings in one place

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 02:04:26 +0300

Hello.

On 01/22/2014 12:19 AM, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

>>>>>     I'm afraid that's too late, it has spread very far, so that
>>>>> of_get_phy_mode() handles that property, not "phy-connection-type".

>>>> Uggg, I guess this is a case of a defacto standard then if the kernel
>>>> doesn't even support it.

>>> Maybe I forgot to CC you on patch sent to Grant only, I sent a patch a
>>> while ago for of_get_phy_mode() to look for both "phy-mode" and
>>> "phy-connection-type" since the former has been a Linux invention, but
>>> the latter is ePAPR specified.

>> Here is a link to the actual patch in question, not sure which tree
>> Grant applied it to though:

>> http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1311.2/00048.html

>     It's not the patch mail, it's Grant's "applied" reply, patch is mangled in
> this reply, and I couldn't follow the thread. Here's the actual patch mail:

> http://marc.info/?l=devicetree&m=138449662807254

    Florian, I didn't find this patch in Grant's official tree, so maybe you 
should ask him where is the patch already?

WBR, Sergei