Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] can: sja1000: cleanups and new OF property

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:22:25 +0100

Hello Florian,

On 01/30/2014 03:29 PM, Florian Vaussard wrote:
> The first part of this series performs serveral small cleanups
> (patches 1 to 3).

Thanks for your contribution. I like patches 1 and 2.

> The second part introduces the 'reg-io-width' binding (already used
> by some other drivers) to perform a similar job as what was done
> with IORESOURCE_MEM_XXBIT on the sja1000_platform. This is needed
> on my system to correctly take into account the aliasing of the
> address bus.

And I appreciate the improvements for the of_platform driver. However
that driver was written back when it was not possible to have platform
and of bindings in the same driver. So I'd like to see that the
of_platform driver gets merged into the platform driver.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |