Subject: Re: [PATCH] DT: net: document Ethernet bindings in one place

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 21:40:16 +0300

Hello.

On 02/04/2014 08:26 PM, Grant Likely wrote:

>>>>>>>      I'm afraid that's too late, it has spread very far, so that
>>>>>>> of_get_phy_mode() handles that property, not "phy-connection-type".

>>>>>> Uggg, I guess this is a case of a defacto standard then if the kernel
>>>>>> doesn't even support it.

>>>>> Maybe I forgot to CC you on patch sent to Grant only, I sent a patch a
>>>>> while ago for of_get_phy_mode() to look for both "phy-mode" and
>>>>> "phy-connection-type" since the former has been a Linux invention, but
>>>>> the latter is ePAPR specified.

>>>> Here is a link to the actual patch in question, not sure which tree
>>>> Grant applied it to though:

>>>> http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1311.2/00048.html

>>>      It's not the patch mail, it's Grant's "applied" reply, patch is mangled in
>>> this reply, and I couldn't follow the thread. Here's the actual patch mail:

>>> http://marc.info/?l=devicetree&m=138449662807254

>>      Florian, I didn't find this patch in Grant's official tree, so maybe you
>> should ask him where is the patch already?

> Sorry, I accidentally dropped it. It will be in the next merge window.

    Already saw it, thanks. Would that it was in 3.14 instead of course, so 
that I could use "phy-connection-type" in my binding...

> g.

WBR, Sergei