Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] of_mdio: fix phy interrupt passing

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:27:39 +0400

Hello.

On 19-02-2014 3:13, David Miller wrote:

>>> The of_mdiobus_register_phy() is not setting phy->irq thus causing
>>> some drivers to incorrectly assume that the PHY does not have an
>>> IRQ associated with it. Not only do some drivers report no IRQ
>>> they do not install an interrupt handler for the PHY.

>>> Simplify the code setting irq and set the phy->irq at the same
>>> time so that we cover the following issues, which should cover
>>> all the cases the code will find:

>>> - Set phy->irq if node has irq property and mdio->irq is NULL
>>> - Set phy->irq if node has no irq and mdio->irq is not NULL
>>> - Leave phy->irq as PHY_POLL default if none of the above

>>> This fixes the issue:
>>>   net eth0: attached PHY 1 (IRQ -1) to driver Micrel KSZ8041RNLI

>>> to the correct:
>>>   net eth0: attached PHY 1 (IRQ 416) to driver Micrel KSZ8041RNLI

>>> Signed-off-by: Ben Dooks <[email-masked]>

>> Looks okay to me

>> Reviewed-by: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>

> Applied, thanks.

    So, you decided to ignore my comment about unneeded *else* branch?

WBR, Sergei