Subject: Re: [PATCH v2a RESEND 2/2] of_mdio: Allow the DT to specify the phy ID and avoid autoprobing

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 02:53:19 +0300

On 03/20/2014 01:36 AM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

>>>>     The preferred multi-line comment style is:

>>>> /*
>>>>   * bla
>>>>   * bla
>>>>   */

>>> Sergei, the entire file use the 'net' multi-line commenting style, and
>>> I have maintined that consistency with the new code.

>>     No, you haven't followed the networking style. It is:

>> /* bla
>>   * bla
>>   */

>> while your comment used:

>> /* bla
>>   * bla */

> Oh Ok - but the latter is the used by the majority of pre-existing
> comments..

> I thought the convention on stuff like this was to stick with the
> existing style?

    Hardly so when there's preferred one, described in CodingStyle.

> Do you think it is worth a v4? If so, which style is appropriate?
> There is one other pre-existing comment that uses net.

    Well, use the net style then. I don't see significant difference between 
it and the "default" preferred style.

> Regards,
> Jason

WBR, Sergei