Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net] vlan: Mask off vlan acceleration features on vlan device.

From: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:25:41 -0400

On 03/27/2014 03:12 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:28:31 -0400
> 
>> Some drivers incorrectly assign vlan acceleration features to
>> vlan_features thus causing issues for Q-in-Q vlan configurations.
>> Prevent this once and for all by masking off acceleration features
>> for vlan devices until such time as we support stacked acceleration.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
> 
> Vlad, I've thought more about this, I'd rather we emit a warning so
> we can fix the drivers.
> 
> If they are setting the flags wrong, we probably want to go take a
> look to see if they are doing anything else related wrong too.
> 

OK.  I'll rework the patch to emit a warning.  I took a quick glance
through all the devices that set vlan_features and there are 3 more
the have vlan_features wrong.  I'll include those when I re-submit.

Thanks
-vlad