Subject: Re: [PATCH net] Revert "net: sctp: Fix a_rwnd/rwnd management to reflect real state of the receiver's buffer"

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:08:37 +0200

Hi Matija,

[cc'ing Peter]

On 04/15/2014 08:43 AM, Alexander Sverdlin wrote:
> On 14/04/14 21:45, ext Daniel Borkmann wrote:
>> This reverts commit ef2820a735f7 ("net: sctp: Fix a_rwnd/rwnd management
>> to reflect real state of the receiver's buffer") as it introduced a
>> serious performance regression on SCTP over IPv4 and IPv6, though a not
>> as dramatic on the latter. Measurements are on 10Gbit/s with ixgbe NICs.
>
> Could you please share other HW details? I wonder how much CPU power one needs for such a throughput?

If you would like to get to know the exact specifics from the bug report,
resp. numbers from the commit message, I refer you to Peter's setup, i.e.
he used ixgbe NICs as these are one of the few with SCTP checksum
offloading available.

Thanks,

Daniel

  [1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-sctp/msg03290.html