Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] mdio: Parse DT nodes for auto-probed PHYs

From: Daniel Mack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 20:18:47 +0200

Hi Florian,

On 05/13/2014 06:33 AM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> Le 10/05/2014 09:37, Daniel Mack a écrit :
>> Hi Florian,
>>
>> here's another aproach of solving the issue with auto-probed buses and
>> DT device nodes. In short, this patch set introduces a new hook which
>> sets the of_node pointer of a phy device to a subnode of the bus, if
>> there is any which matches the phy's address. This function is called
>> from mdiobus_scan(), and is a no-op for !CONFIG_OF.
>>
>> Unlike with with the 1st version, dev->of_node is now available in the
>> PHY driver's probe() callback already.
>>
>> Let me know what you think, I'm open to other ideas :)
> 
> I like it so far, I will give this a try on some of my quirky hardware. 
> Thanks!

Did you have a chance yet to test these patches? I can submit a v2 which
does the requested of_property_read_u32() change.

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel