Subject: Re: Revert 462fb2af9788a82a534f8184abfde31574e1cfa0 (bridge : Sanitize skb before it enters the IP stack)

From: Bart De Schuymer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 20:57:08 +0200

David Newall schreef op 22/05/2014 5:50:
> On 22/05/14 04:21, Bart De Schuymer wrote:
>> As for your other remark: as I've said before, if you don't like
>> bridge-netfilter then don't compile it into your kernel.
>
> That's not very helpful.  I could say, with just as much merit, that it
> should be marked deprecated (so that it's not compiled into distribution
> kernels) and you can compile it into yours.
>
> What I dislike is that bridge-netfilter is faulty.

I can see this may be frustrating to many. Now and then I actually got 
some positive feedback :-) Anyway, since I didn't have much sleep last 
night I'll be brief.
I'm fine with deprecating ebtables/bridge-nf. The code is over a decade 
old and development hasn't really picked up speed after I diverted my 
spare time to other things.
 From now on I'm no longer wasting my spare time on involvement in 
bridge-nf/ebtables. Anyone that wants to step up to take over the git 
repository (also contains arptables userspace app) can please contact me 
by private mail.

Best regards,
Bart