Subject: Re: [PATCH] sh_eth: use RNC mode for R8A7790

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 18:00:10 +0400

Hello.

On 05/30/2014 05:56 PM, Ben Dooks wrote:

    The subject should have "R8A779x".

> The current behaviour of the sh_eth driver is not to use the RNC bit
> for the receive ring. This means that every packet recieved is not only
> generating an IRQ but it also stops the receive ring DMA as well until
> the driver re-enables it after unloading the packet.
>
> This means that a number of the following errors are generated due to
> the receive packet FIFO overflowing due to nowhere to put packets:
>
> 	net eth0: Receive FIFO Overflow
>
> Setting the RMCR_RNC configuration has so far been tested with an NFS
> root filesystem and the driver has not failed yet. It is not yet known
> why this is not set for R8A779x operation (Feedback on this issue or
> other testing is welcome)

    I have provided such feedback (and many people provided testing), so that 
the last sentence doesn't make sense anymore.

> There are further test reports from Sergei Shtylov and others for
> both the R8A7790 and R8A7791.

> Tested-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Ben Dooks <[email-masked]>

    Other than the remarks above:

Acked-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

WBR, Sergei