Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: wireless: rtlwifi: rtl8192de: hw.c: Cleaning up conjunction always evaluates to false

From: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 10:45:50 -0500

On 06/08/2014 05:43 AM, Peter Wu wrote:
> On Sunday 08 June 2014 12:36:11 Rickard Strandqvist wrote:
>> Then we use MSR_MASK instead, new patch then. But I will wait a day?
>> Or what is long enough to be sure that nobody else have any
>> objections? How is this usually resolved?
>
> Well, Larry is the maintainer, so he will ultimately pick up patches.
> One or two days should give people some time to read and reply.

My role as maintainer is a little different than others. As I have a private 
broadband connection with only 1 Mbps upload, it is not practical for me to 
operate a git server. I used to have an account at kernel.org, but I lost it 
after the break-in there. As I have never met face-to-face with another Linux 
developer, I have had no chance to have my credentials signed, so that resource 
is unavailable. As a result, I ACK or NACK patches and they are picked up by 
John Linville for drivers in the regular wireless tree, and Greg Kroah-Hartman 
for the staging drivers.

> As for MSR_MASK, that macro does not exist yet, I was wondering whether
> it's OK to add a new macro? (Larry?)

Yes, that is OK.

>> Sure, I can send a patch for all the files instead. However, earlier
>> received complaints when I sent patches extending over more than one
>> file.

These do really need to be split a little. There must be at least one patch for 
the wireless tree, and a second for staging. In fact, I prefer the way they are 
with one for each driver.

Larry

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html