Subject: Re: net/hsr: not working : High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSRv0)

From: Arvid Brodin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:37:37 +0200

On 2014-06-10 14:42, Gokul C G wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I am trying to incorporate the changes made for High-availability
> Seamless Redundancy (HSRv0) in linux 3.13  into one of the older
> version  Linux 3.0.48 . I had made changes as per patch in 3.0.48
> kernel and modified  use of  NETLINK_CB(skb_in).portid to
> NETLINK_CB(skb_in).pid and info->snd_portid to info->snd_pid since
> the variable are renamed recently for better readability , added new
> list related  macro(like list_for_each_entry_rcu) to old kernel .
> 
> I am doing this for a Big-endian system with powerpc architecture
> with real-time functionality enabled . The kernel occurred while
> probing hsr/prp driver and following  console information available.
> I had tried to compile HSRv0 driver with kernel and also as kernel
> module , in both cases following crash message found on console.
> 

This is of course impossible for anyone else but yourself to debug, 
since noone else has access to the exact code you are using.

If you are able to recreate the bug on a current, vanilla kernel, 
someone might be able to help.

-- 
Arvid Brodin | Consultant (Linux)
ALTEN | Knarrarnäsgatan 7 | SE-164 40 Kista | Sweden
[email-masked] | www.alten.se/en/