Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: can: Remodel FlexCAN register read/write APIs for BE instances

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 13:07:48 +0200

On 06/25/2014 01:01 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>> What about function pointers in the priv? So that flexcan_read() becomes
>> priv->read().

> That's what I propose (similar to what I did for C_CAN driver for 16-bit and 32-bit
> reg interfaces using platform data):

Yes...but...

> bool module_is_be = false;

...module_is_be is not that simple, on PPC true must be the default to
be compatible with existing dts.

> module_is_be = get-endianess-from-DT-node;
> 
> priv->read() = module_is_be ? flexcan_read_be : flexcan_read_le;

Marc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |