Subject: Re: [can-next PATCH 1/1] net: can: c_can_platform: Use devm_ioremap instead of devm_ioremap_resource.

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:06:03 +0200

On 07/25/2014 12:49 PM, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> Am 25-07-2014 08:19, schrieb Mugunthan V N:
>> From: George Cherian <[email-masked]>
>>
>> The raminit register is shared register for both can0 and can1.
>> Using devm_ioremap_resource fails the mapping for can1 interface
>> leading to a non functional can interface.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: George Cherian <[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: Mugunthan V N <[email-masked]>
> 
> The patch is a hack, or? It simply works because we drop all sanity
> checking on the resource.

Well, thinking about it, yes, a bit.

> I am on holiday and can't really check, yet I believe the AM335x has
> devicetree support for accessing single bits in SYSCONF. This is what
> needs to be applied here, too, AFAICT.

I cannot find any generic driver for the sysconf, USB and Ethernet have
an extra driver for their shared register space. I think the d_can can
access the raminit register via a syscon driver.

Enjoy your holiday :)
Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |