Subject: Re: [PATCH] TCP: add option for silent port knocking with integrity protection

From: Alexander Holler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:47:15 +0200

Am 20.08.2014 11:28, schrieb Hagen Paul Pfeifer:
> On 20 August 2014 11:07, Alexander Holler <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> For sure it could be better, but I'm already happy with the current
>> imperfect solution which I can use now and not some perfect solution which
>> might be available in some years.
>
> Alexander, to make it clear: we cannot include mechanisms which
> probably open other (security) issues. This is not how things work
> out. TCP had so many issues in the past - regarding security,
> implementation f*ups, etc. pp. It is utterly important that there is
> no problem with an extension. Please join the discussion ob tcpm if
> you will drive things forward. That's all what I can say - sorry!

Maybe I first should send a million syn-packets to a box where I've 
enabled that feature. ;)

Anyway, I still think there should be some room for experimental 
features in the kernel. It makes them more visible to possible 
contributors and helps to drive further development.

Not necessarily in my case (as most people, I can't and don't want to 
participate in all parties), but ...

Regards,

Alexander Holler