Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1 0/3] amd-xgbe: AMD XGBE driver updates 2014-08-29

From: Tom Lendacky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 14:55:49 -0500

On 09/01/2014 10:31 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Tom Lendacky <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:21:48 -0500
>
>> The amd-xgbe-phy phylib driver support is integral to the amd-xgbe
>> driver and isn't meant to be used by other devices.  For this reason
>> it is being removed from the driver/net/phy directory and integrated
>> into the amd-xgbe driver.
>
> I see no real reason to do this.
>
> Keeping it in the phylib layer forces you to deal with the abstractions
> and therefore keeps you from bypassing the phylib API and performing
> layer violations.
>
> Please just keep the PHY driver where it is and add your new features
> there.

Ok, understood.  I'll drop this patch series.  Any future changes or
enhancements will apply against the established file locations.

Thanks,
Tom

> Thanks.