Subject: Compilation error on freshly pulled net-next?

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 14:47:43 -0700

I was going to do some additional "floor sweeping" and put 
dev_consume_skb_any() into another driver or two, so I did a fresh pull 
of net-next and a make and got:

   CC      net/core/rtnetlink.o
net/core/rtnetlink.c: In function ‘if_nlmsg_size’:
net/core/rtnetlink.c:868:84: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘J’
net/core/rtnetlink.c: At top level:
net/core/rtnetlink.c:420:15: warning: ‘rtnl_link_get_size’ defined but 
not used [-Wunused-function]
net/core/rtnetlink.c:497:15: warning: ‘rtnl_link_get_af_size’ defined 
but not used [-Wunused-function]

Looks like someone slipped a J in there and confused things:

                + rtnl_port_size(dev, ext_filter_mask) /* IFLA_VF_PORTS 
+ IFLA_PORT_SELF */J            + rtnl_link_get_size(dev) /* 
IFLA_LINKINFO */
                + rtnl_link_get_af_size(dev) /* IFLA_AF_SPEC */

(hopefully my mail client won't have mangled things too badly)

What is odd though is a git diff after I've replaced that 'J' with a 
return isn't giving me any output.

rick jones