Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the net tree

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:35:06 -0700

On 09/17/14 17:32, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the net tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) produced these warnings:
> 
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && BLUESTONE && CANYONLANDS && GLACIER && EIGER && 440EPX && 440GRX && 440GX && 460SX && 405EX) selects IBM_EMAC_RGMII which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && CANYONLANDS && GLACIER && 440EP && 440EPX && 440GRX && 440GP && 440GX && 460SX && 405GP) selects IBM_EMAC_ZMII which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && 440GX && 460EX && 460SX && APM821xx) selects IBM_EMAC_TAH which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && AKEBONO && 440EPX && 440GRX && 440GX && 440SPe && 460EX && 460SX && APM821xx && 405EX) selects IBM_EMAC_EMAC4 which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && CANYONLANDS && GLACIER && 440EP && 440EPX && 440GRX && 440GP && 440GX && 460SX && 405GP) selects IBM_EMAC_ZMII which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && BLUESTONE && CANYONLANDS && GLACIER && EIGER && 440EPX && 440GRX && 440GX && 460SX && 405EX) selects IBM_EMAC_RGMII which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && 440GX && 460EX && 460SX && APM821xx) selects IBM_EMAC_TAH which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> warning: (PPC_CELL_NATIVE && AKEBONO && 440EPX && 440GRX && 440GX && 440SPe && 460EX && 460SX && APM821xx && 405EX) selects IBM_EMAC_EMAC4 which has unmet direct dependencies (NETDEVICES && ETHERNET && NET_VENDOR_IBM)
> 

I have looked into these and don't see why there is a problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

-- 
~Randy