Subject: Re: BCM4313 & brcmsmac & 3.12: only semi-working?

From: Michael Tokarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:04:33 +0400

21.09.2014 19:30, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Namely, after resume, the card does not work. ARP works, ping and
> DNS sometimes/somewhat work, inital TCP connection establisment
> works, but eg http download does not work, it stalls almost
> immediately.

It does not work at all anymore again.  Not only after resume but also
after could power up, it stalls right at start of wget for example.

> http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/tmp/brcmsmac-4313-trace-20140921.dat.gz -- this
> is a trace collected after resuming from suspend-to-disk

And here -- http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/tmp/brcmsmac-4313-trace-20140923.dat.gz
is another trace, after insmod brcmutils & brcmsmac, starting trace-cmd record
(with network-manager running in the background), and running a wget on
http://ip-add-ress-of-the-access-point/somefile (which immediately stalls,
showing minimal progress once in a while only).

Hopefully this will help to find the problem.  And for the record, I'm
_again_ without the wifi network.  But unlike of the previous situation,
I can at least buy some other, better supported wifi adapter now, because
this laptop does not have a bios lock (is 6235ANHMW any good?)

Thanks,

/mjt