Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH net-next v2 0/5] netns: allow to identify peer netns

From: Nicolas Dichtel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:53:28 +0200

Le 24/09/2014 18:48, Cong Wang a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Nicolas Dichtel
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> I think in this case your ID's are still available, but aren't you
>>> providing a new way
>>> for the inner netns device to escape which we are trying to avoid?
>>
>> It's why the ids depend on user ns. Only if user ns are the same we allow to
>> get an id for a peer netns.
>
> Too late, userns is relatively new, relying on it breaks our existing
> assumption.
>
I don't get your point. netns has been added in kernel after user ns:
acce292c82d4 user namespace: add the framework => 2.6.23
5f256becd868 [NET]: Basic network namespace infrastructure. => 2.6.24

In the kernel, each netns is linked with a user ns.
_______________________________________________
Containers mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/containers