Subject: Re: IPv6 FIB related crash with MACVLANs in 3.9.11+ kernel.

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:44:22 -0700

On 09/29/2014 11:15 AM, Hongmei Li wrote:
> Thanks Hannes for your prompt response!
> 
> We just encountered this issue two times in our product stability test so far,
> and my panic backtrace is the exactly same with the one reported here.
> I don't know how to reproduce the issue till now. 
> I tried several method, unfortunately, I can not reproduce it by myself. :(

We could reproduce it easily using our user-space tool that creates 1000
mac-vlans, configures them, dumps routing tables, etc.  But, we could
only reproduce it when we had the ixgbe ports unplugged.  If they
were properly connected to a switch, we did not see any crashes.

My original email on 2/3/2014 has more details, and the thread that
follows has some info on debugging we did at the time.

We will be happy to test patches...

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com