Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/3] net: can: c_can: Add syscon/regmap RAMINIT mechanism

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:22:08 +0200

On 09/30/2014 04:19 PM, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> 
>> As just TI is using this out of band RAMINIT mechanism, should it be "ti,syscon" or just "syscon"?
> 
> Yes, only TI uses this out-of-band RAMINIT (currently, at least). So, we
> need an (optional) way to describe that. However, accessing syscon
> registers in general is not TI specific and a generic way to do this
> should be used. Which looks to me like the "syscon" property to allow
> access to the register. Still, we should ask DT maintainers about it,
> maybe they prefer a more precise property like "syscon-raminit" to allow
> for further syscon extensions later or something...

What do you think about putting the bit information in the
syscon-raminit phandle as additional arguments?

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |