Subject: Re: r8168 is needed to enter P-state: Package State 6 (pc6)onHaswell hardware: does the patch below against current kernel make a difference?

From: Ceriel Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 14:02:45 +0200

Francois Romieu schreef op 09-10-14 om 01:26:
 > You are mixing 3.13 and 3.17. Try 'uname -r' alone. Got it ?
I think I have got it.

Francois Romieu schreef op 07-10-14 om 00:13:
 > Ceriel, does the patch below against current kernel make a difference?

Old r8169 "powertop --auto-tune && powertop" result:
C2 (pc2)   26.1%    |                     |
C3 (pc3)   73.6%    | C3 (cc3)    1.6%    | C3-HSW      1.6%  108.0 ms
C6 (pc6)    0.0%    | C6 (cc6)   98.3%    | C6-HSW     98.3%  194.9 ms
---
C2 (pc2)    0.0%    |                     |
C3 (pc3)   99.4%    | C3 (cc3)    0.0%    | C3-HSW      0.0%    0.0 ms
C6 (pc6)    0.0%    | C6 (cc6)   99.6%    | C6-HSW     99.6%  237.4 ms
---

New r8169 "powertop" result (even without --auto-tune):
C2 (pc2)    0.0%    |                     |
C3 (pc3)    9.9%    | C3 (cc3)    0.7%    | C3-HSW      0.7%   16.4 ms
C6 (pc6)   89.9%    | C6 (cc6)   99.2%    | C6-HSW     99.2%  223.2 ms
---