Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/7] can: m_can: fix possible sleep in napi poll

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 21:49:38 +0100

On 11/03/2014 07:37 PM, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
> you can omit the 'stable' tag as this driver just emerged in 3.18 - which is
> currently in 3.18-rc3 state.

Thanks! fixed.

> If possible I would suggest to push all 7 patches via can/master as it is
> pretty bad to say "M_CAN was introduced in 3.18 but M_CAN with CAN FD is
> working since 3.19".

Sorry, probably not, as CAN FD is a new feature. However we may talk to
David, as the m_can driver was introduced in 3.18 anyways, so it's
unlikely to break anything with this patch.

> This will produce confusion as the M_CAN core has built-in CAN FD support.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |