Subject: Re: [patch net-next v3 10/17] rocker: implement rocker ofdpa flow table manipulation

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:03:12 -0500

On 11/25/14 05:28, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> From: Scott Feldman <[email-masked]>
>
> The rocker driver maintains 4 hash tables: flows, groups, FDB, and VLANs.
>
> Flow and group tables track the entries installed to OF-DPA tables,
> per the OF-DPA spec.  See OF-DPA spec for full description of fields
> in each flow and group table.  New table entries are pushed to the
> device with ADD cmd.  Updated entries are pushed to the device with
> MOD cmd.  For flow table entries, a crc32 key is made from fields of
> the particular field.  For group table entries, the group_id is used
> as the key.
>
> The FDB table tracks fdb entries learned by the device or manually
> pushed to the bridge by the user.  A crc32 key is made from the
> port/mac/vlan tuple for the fdb entry.
>
> The VLAN table tracks the ifindex-to-internal-vlan mapping for
> untagged pkts.  On ingress, an untagged pkt is inserted with an
> internal VLAN ID based on the input port's current internal VLAN ID.
> The input port's internal VLAN will either be referenced by the port's
> ifindex, if not bridged, or the containing bridge's ifindex, if
> bridged.  Since the ifindex space isn't within a fixed range, uses a
> hash table (with ifindex as key) to track internal VLAN ID for a given
> ifindex.  The internal VLAN ID range is fixed and currently uses the
> upper 255 VLAN IDs, starting at 0xf00.
>
> Signed-off-by: Scott Feldman <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Same comment as before:
I think Rocker should be a separate patch. I will make time to review
if you do that..

cheers,
jamal