Subject: Re: [PATCH] e1000: remove unused variables

From: Lino Sanfilippo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 12:01:03 +0100

On 29.11.2014 00:28, Florian Fainelli wrote:

> Also, if you do a read that is not stored in any return value, the
> compiler is now free to remove that actual read, 

This does not apply to reads from iomem (see "volatile" specifier in
readl()).

Regards,
Lino

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=157005751&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
E1000-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/e1000-devel
To learn more about Intel&#174; Ethernet, visit http://communities.intel.com/community/wired