Subject: Re: [patch net-next 3/6] net_sched: cls_bpf: remove faulty use of list_for_each_entry_rcu

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 16:15:25 -0500

On 12/03/14 10:20, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 03:37:46PM CET, [email-masked] wrote:

>
> Yep, but this is updater, protected by rtnl. _rcu list travelsal variant
> should be used by reader only (classify callback in cls case).
>
> get op is only called from tc_ctl_tfilter which is always called with
> rtnl held.
>

I am not an rcu officionado. So if the control path is doing a non-rcu
get + rcu-del/change (update) then as long as the fastpath is (read)
rcu locking we are fine  and nothing will actually happen until the
fastpath releases and rcu grace period ends, correct?
In which case please accept my:
ACKed-by: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>

cheers,
jamal