Subject: Re: wl1251: NVS firmware data

From: Ivaylo Dimitrov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:42:15 +0200

On  8.12.2014 21:26, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> a) change driver to prefer a new "wl1251-nvs-n900.bin" file, but fall
> back to "wl1251-nvs.bin" if the first one isn't present
> b) have a "wl1251-cal-nvs-update" service that, if wl1521-nvs-n900.bin
> is *not* present mounts the CAL MTD, reads the data, writes it out into
> wl1521-nvs-n900.bin, and the rmmod/modprobes the driver
>
> and done?  Stuff that's not N900 just wouldn't ship the update service
> and would proceed like none of this happened.
>
> Dan
>
>

That would mean that the driver should not be built-in, as afaik we 
cannot rmmod built-in drivers. Sure, it will work after a reboot, but 
this is a bit hacky, agree?

Also, new NVS file needs to be loaded when fcc regulation changes(flying 
abroad), so that would mean that the device would be outside of those 
until reboot (in case of built-in driver)

Ivo