Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] OVS Kernel Datapath development

From: Thomas F Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 09:59:34 -0500

Thanks.

What is the impact on a developer submitting a patch. Do we now submit 
the linux datapath portion of the patch to both netdev and ovs-dev?

--Tom

On 12/8/14, 1:30 PM, Pravin Shelar wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Thomas Graf <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 12/07/14 at 08:47pm, Pravin Shelar wrote:
>>> Since the beginning OVS kernel datapath development is primarily done
>>> on external OVS repo. Now we have mostly synced upstream and external
>>> OVS. So we have decided to change this process. New process is as
>>> follows.
>>>
>>> 1. OVS feature development that involves kernel datapath should be
>>> done on net-next tree datapath.
>>> 2. Such feature patch series should be posted on netdev and ovs-dev
>>> mailing list.
>>> 3. Once review is done for entire series, kernel and OVS userspace
>>> patches will be merged in respective repo.
>>> 4. After the merge developer is suppose to send patches for external
>>> kernel datapath along with old kernel compatibility code. So that we
>>> can keep external datapath insync.
>> +1
>>
>> Just to be clear, by respective repo do you mean net-next/net or will
>> you maintain a net-next branch on git.kernel.org and continue doing
>> pull requests?
> OVS patches will directly go to net-next/net tree. I am not planning
> on maintaining any tree on git.kernel.org.
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

-- 
Thomas F. Herbert