Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] e1000e: do not toggle LANPHYPC value bit when PHY reset is blocked

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:01:48 +0300

Hello.

On 12/15/2014 11:39 AM, Zhu Yanjun wrote:

> 2.6.x kernels require a similar logic change as commit b7d6e335
> [e1000e: do not toggle LANPHYPC value bit when PHY reset is blocked]
> introduces for newer kernels.

    Hm, so is this patch to 2.6.x-stable kernels or a recent kernel?
If the former, you should follow the rules in 
Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt.

> When PHY reset is intentionally blocked on 82577/8/9, do not toggle the
> LANPHYPC value bit (essentially performing a hard power reset of the
> device) otherwise the PHY can be put into an unknown state.

> Cleanup whitespace in the same function.

> [yanjun.zhu: whitespace remains unchanged]

> Signed-off-by: Bruce Allan <[email-masked]>

    So, is this your patch, or Bruce's? If the latter, you should add:

From: Bruce Allan <[email-masked]>

at the start of the change log.

> Tested-by: Jeff Pieper <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Zhu Yanjun <[email-masked]>

WBR, Sergei