Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next RESEND] net: Do not call ndo_dflt_fdb_dump if ndo_fdb_dump is defined.

From: "Samudrala, Sridhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 12:11:07 -0800

On 12/16/2014 11:30 AM, Roopa Prabhu wrote:
> On 12/16/14, 9:21 AM, Samudrala, Sridhar wrote:
>>
>> On 12/16/2014 8:35 AM, John Fastabend wrote:
>>>
>>>> Is there no way to get the unicast/multicast mac addresses for such
>>>> a driver?
>>>
>>> You can almost infer it from ip link by looking at all the stacked
>>> drivers and figuring out how the address are propagated down. Then
>>> look at the routes and figure out multicast address. But other than
>>> the fdb dump mechanism I don't think there is anything.
>>
>> It looks like we can get the device specific unicast/multicast mac 
>> addresses via 'ip maddr' too.
> if i remember correctly, 'ip maddr' was only for multicast list. And 
> there was no way to dump the unicast list until bridge self was 
> introduced.
> the only way to dump unicast addresses today is by using the `bridge 
> fdb show self`
Yes. 'ip maddr show' only lists the multicast macs as the name suggests. 
I stand corrected.
May be we need 'ip uaddr show' to list unicast macs instead of 
overloading 'bridge fdb show' to show unicast lists.

Thanks
Sridhar