Subject: Re: [PATCH] brcm80211: brcmsmac: dma: Remove some unused functions

From: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 00:21:40 -0600

On 01/03/2015 06:47 PM, Rickard Strandqvist wrote:
> Removes some functions that are not used anywhere:
> dma_txflush() dma_txsuspended()
>
> This was partially found by using a static code analysis program called cppcheck.
>
> Signed-off-by: Rickard Strandqvist <[email-masked]>
> ---
>   drivers/net/wireless/brcm80211/brcmsmac/dma.c |   19 -------------------
>   drivers/net/wireless/brcm80211/brcmsmac/dma.h |    2 --
>   2 files changed, 21 deletions(-)

Just because file dma.c is involved, it does not need to be, nor should it be in 
the subject line. You could specify the driver names in the file tree after 
wireless. In this instance, one possible subject would be "brcm80211: brcmsmac: 
Remove some unused functions". On the other hand, if you look at "git log" to 
see past patches, the driver maintainers even leave off the brcm80211 part, thus 
to match them, the subject should be "brcmsmac: Remove some unused functions".

As was suggested earlier, you need to look at the precedents. Keeping a uniform 
method of patch naming helps when looking for patches in the git log.

Larry

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html